When does the right to erasure apply?
Individuals have the right to have their personal data erased if:
- the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose which you originally collected or processed it for;
- you are relying on consent as your lawful basis for holding the data, and the individual withdraws their consent;
- you are relying on legitimate interests as your basis for processing, the individual objects to the processing of their data, and there is no overriding legitimate interest to continue this processing;
- you are processing the personal data for direct marketing purposes and the individual objects to that processing;
- you have processed the personal data unlawfully (ie in breach of the lawfulness requirement of the 1st principle);
- you have to do it to comply with a legal obligation; or
- you have processed the personal data to offer information society services to a child.
When does the right to erasure not apply?
The right to erasure does not apply if processing is necessary for one of the following reasons:
- to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information;
- to comply with a legal obligation;
- for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority;
- for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific research historical research or statistical purposes where erasure is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of that processing; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
Privacy Officer: Donovan Carnegie
Email:PrivacyOfficer@frontstream.com>Download the Guide
The #1 most complete and secure digital fundraising platform in the industry
Panorama™ by FrontStream is an all-in-one digital fundraising platform that helps nonprofits of all sizes plan, promote, manage and securely process payments for in-person, online and hybrid auctions, peer-to-peer events, and donation campaigns.Let's Get Started
You'll be in good company
“We had hoped to make an improvement in the amount of funds raised online, as historically 80-90% of our pledges had been in person. What we did not expect was to have 49% of our total pledges from the campaign come from online in our first year using Panorama.”
"As the threat of COVID-19 worsened, we were able to quickly migrate our major spring fundraiser, the Mutt March, to a completely virtual event including a dog walk, online auction and sponsorships using the Panorama digital fundraising platform.”
“Because of our success with this online auction, we definitely see the value in Panorama and will continue to use this tool to bring additional revenue for our United Way.”