Howdy Folks and Happy Valentine’s Day!
I hope you’re having a fabulous February! This month I’m here to talk to you about your relationships with your donors. Starting off on the right hoof is important in any relationship, and so is keeping a genuine connection! So, how do you cultivate a meaningful relationship with your supporters?
Well, it all comes down to how well you know them. Take this hypothetical case: Meet Suzanne Supporter!
You know that Suzanne donated at least $500 last year, but here’s what you would learn about Suzanne if you had all the data:
• She donated a $200 to a capital campaign 3 years ago
• She was a team leader for your spring fundraising event and her team raised $10K
• She attended your gala last year and won $2,500 worth of items
• She’s donated to your cause every #GivingTuesday for the last 4 years
• She volunteered at your annual holiday food drive and brought a friend
• She convinced her company to donate to your organization
Looking at all she’s done for your organization, you’re likely to realize you’ve been taking Suzanne for granted. She’s a supporter who definitely deserves your time, attention, and appreciation. Take the time to let supporters like Suzanne know how much you appreciate them.
Send them a handwritten thank-you note, give them a call to personally thank them for their donations, and make a point to speak with them in person at your events. Make sure to let them know how much you value them and how much their contributions mean.
Well, that’s a wrap for this month’s fabulous fundraising tips!
Hogs and Kisses,
Frank the Pig
P.S. If you need help tracking information about your supporters, try our free GiftWorks CRM trial today!