Success Story: Tampa Bay Lightning
Tampa Bay Lightning
Kristina Hjertkvist, Community Relations Coordinator
- What were your biggest pain points with your old donation process?
There wasn’t a lot of user friendliness which caused the donation process to take longer. Their Customer Service Support was also lacking when I needed help (took a long time for a response).
- Why did you feel choosing to use ApproveForGood was a step in the right direction to improve these things?
After doing research, including asking other teams about what they thought, we felt that ApproveForGood was more advanced than our other options. With the volume of requests constantly increasing we had to find the best program for us to fulfill those efficiently.
- In what ways has ApproveForGood improved your donation process?
Biggest thing is tracking our inventory. It allows us to easier allocate our memorabilia to organizations. The easy to edit email templets are also very helpful as we sometimes have to backtrack when logging which organizations received their items prior. Having our own webpage with the clean form is something that our fans also appreciated.
- What was the timeframe in which you began to see a difference using ApproveForGood?
A couple of weeks into using the program as you could see what the response was from our requestors (positive!)
- How much time per week or per day did you used to spend handling donation requests compared to how much time you spend using ApproveForGood now?
I spend less, which is wonderful! The snapshots when you look through the pending along with information about what has been donated in the past is extremely useful.
- Have you saved money by moving your donation process online with ApproveForGood?
It’s about the same, but the time saved is most valuable.
- Would you recommend the ApproveForGood system to others in your personal or professional network? Why?
I would and I have. Knowing how it positively affected my work day, making it more efficient, is the main reason.