LinkedIn Strategies for Nonprofits
Host: Clare McDowall
LinkedIn has over 225 million members worldwide, and over 7 million right here in Canada.
Do you want to deepen people’s relationships with your nonprofit, and cultivate new ones? Are you looking to attract new Board Members and high skilled volunteers or research new funders and make connections? What about looking for new staff members?
Did you know 80% of LinkedIn members are open to job offers?
And what about YOU? It’s a sad fact that most fundraisers stay an average of just 18 months in their current role. Have you optimized your profile to be found by your next employer? Have you made thoughtful connections with people you want to work with in the future? Are you presenting yourself online as well as you do in person?
Clare will share her insights of how to successfully use LinkedIn for your nonprofit and for you as a fundraising professional. Key takeaways include:
- Why nonprofits should invest a little time on their LinkedIn strategy
- How to set up and optimize a company page
- How, what and why to share status updates
- Tips on optimizing your own profile
- How to get the best out of the LinkedIn network for your career